Thankyou for a really informative and inspirational morning. Not only did it give me new ideas about use of mechanics but the walk around the farm reminded me about seasonality and locality. I’m also inspired now to find more locally available foliage - on the way home I noticed my neighbours’ front gardens with new (foraging!) eyes and have already made use of a friend’s abundance of pittosporum for this week’s flowers :) Take a warm layer for sitting in the barn if you’re a soft Londoner like me…
Church flowers workshop
Heard about the Sustainable Church flowers network? Keen to be able to create flower displays without Floral foam (Oasis) and with as many local flowers as possible?
These workshops include
- Information about vases, urns, and lots of other vessels you can use
- Demonstrations of mechanics - wire, kenzan, grids and twigs
- A tour of the farm to look at plants you might use - what's available in your gardens or churchyards?
- A talk about sourcing locally grown flowers
- A floral demonstration dependant on the workshop
Tour and demo - 10-12 - £20